Ok, it seems that you have tested many tips, let's try to get into the issue of your problem naming what you have done and what you do not.
- You have connected Wasp by USB (also with battery and coin cell connected) and uploaded an example code without problems.
- You are able to see readable messages by serial monitor, in case of Wasp_start_program_full_802_V1 you are able to see mac address, battery, temperature, etc. besides that non readable characters which are the communication between Waspmote and Xbee.
- When you connect the gateway to USB with Xbee plugged, you see a red led blinking.
- You also mention X-CTU tool so we assume that you are able to read bot Xbee parameters using X-CTU and you have checked that on both Xbees, network parameters (PANID, channel, etc) are the same. What happens if you swap Xbees?
besides that, please check this other tips:
- Are you sending in broadcast mode? if not, you should write xbee MAC address with capital letters.
- Try with Waspmote+Xbee1 connected in one USB and gataway+Xbee2 placed into another, and open both serial monitors at same time in order to see Waspmote is running and gateway is receiving at same time.
Moreover, this post
can be useful for you.
Please, try this things to see if you are able to send a frame. We know that using Waspmote in the beginning can be a little difficult, but when you are familiar with a few things, it is quite easy.
Please do no hesitate and ask here all questions you have.