Uploading the firmware
Uploading the Hilo firmware
It's important to have the lastest firmware version in the GPRS module. Obligatory for sending data via GPRS.
- Arduino board without Atmega microcontroller (the one in squidbee gateway)
- GPRS shield for arduino
- 1 wire
- A PC (windows)
- Hilo upgrader
- Firmware V7.0
You have to connect the DTR line in Arduino to ground.
Just solder a wire on the DTR line and connect it to GND pin and you'll be able to upgrade your GPRS module. Make sure the jumpers (black plastic encased connectors) are on the USB side of the three pins as shown in the photo below in the top right hand corner of the board (observe the "Ard./USB" text on the GPRS circuit board in between the two sets of triple pins).
Steps to take
- 1 - Be sure your hilo module is configured to 115200 bps (or auto-baudrate)
If not => AT+IPR=115200
- 2 - Check the COM port
In this case COM4
- 3 - Launch Hilo upgrader and select Port and Download speed
Port: COM4 (in this case)
Download speed: 115200
- 4 - Select the file to download
- 5 - Press upgrade button (Turn on the GPRS module first! Press the ON/OFF button for two seconds and then wait for 30 seconds for it to initialise.)
You'll get these windows
- 6 - Finally you have your hilo module upgraded