MQTT Support

davigar

MQTT Support

Post by davigar » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi team,

I'm working on a project where we are planning to use MQTT (Pub-Sub) to publish the data collected from sensors attached to our Plug & Sense, using the Apache PAHO Embedded Clients (http://www.eclipse.org/paho/clients/c/embedded). We are still in the planning phase and we don't have the hardware available for testing yet.

Any recommendation or limitation for using MQTT on Libelium Plug & Sense?

Thanks,
Davi Garcia

libelium-dev

Re: MQTT Support

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:09 am

Hi davigar,

We already provide a MQTT plugin for bluemix and another MQTT generic client where you can configure your broker address and send your data to your MQTT server (i.e: Mosquitto).

Also, it is possible to create your own client in C++ with Apache PAHO and send your data, but you should create your own solution from scratch, we already provide MQTT solutions ready to use in our Meshlium Manager system to avoid this effort to developers.

Regards

davigar

Post by davigar » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback! Could you please point me to the documentation and sample codes using the MQTT plugin provided by Libelium with the Plug & Sense platform? Unfortunately I cannot include the Meshlium Manager in my project.

Best regards,
Davi Garcia

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:14 am

Hi davigar,

Here you have our technical where you can find information about how to access Meshlium via SSH, then you can get information about how to get information from database. Lastly, you can also find out information about out MQTT plugins for your inspiration.

http://www.libelium.com/downloads/docum ... _guide.pdf

Regards

davigar

Post by davigar » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response! However we didn't buy the Meshlium Manager for our project, we have only the Waspmote Plug & Sense with the sensors. My question is: is there any MQTT client support on on Waspmote Plug & Sense itselft? Or the only option to get the data from it is using raw TCP/UDP sockets?

Thanks,
Davi Garcia

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:02 am

You should get the data from raw TCP/UDP sockets. There isn't a MQTT that supports P&S directly.

Regards

davigar

Post by davigar » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Thanks for the clarification! ;)

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:23 am

Your welcome!

ckit
Company: Deakin University

Post by ckit » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 pm

Hi Team,

Wondering if you have supported MQTT in the latest Waspmote P&S sensor module. If not could you recommend any suitable embedded C MQTT library that could be used for this purpose. The reason for this ask is that we want to make a simple PoC that some send indoor environment sensor data to Cumulocity and want to use only a Waspmote P&S module to simply the implementation.

Cheers
CK

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:16 am

Hi,

We are sorry but we haven't integrated an MQTT library. The WiFi or 4G module don't support that feature directly. You could try to send data through MQTT protocol using a TCP socket but we have never developed that.

Regards