Parking sleep vehicle detection

Questions about the Waspmote board and its modules
marioemanuel

Parking sleep vehicle detection

Post by marioemanuel » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi.

I have a smart parking v1.2 and I am programming a script to send the parking state (1 occupied or 0 empty) to meshlium.

My idea is to put the waspmote on sleep mode (in order to save energy) and then when the parking state changes, the waspmote wakes up and it sends a frame with the parking state. I just want just to wake up the waspmote when the parking state changes. Is this possible? Is there an example? Does I have to look to ACC_INT? Or there is something like SENSOR_MF_INT?

Regards,
Mário Lopes

libelium-dev

Re: Parking sleep vehicle detection

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi,

It's not possible to configure the sensor with an interruption to wake up waspmote when the state change.

However you can put the Waspmote to sleep mode and wake periodically to check the parking status.

Here it is a combined code that sends the status through 868 as example, the waspmote is in sleep mode and wakes up each 10 second to check the state although you can increase the sleep time to save more energy.
http://www.libelium.com/v12/development ... s-via-868/

Regards

marioemanuel

Post by marioemanuel » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:10 am

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

If I use an EEPROM address (addresses between 1024 and 4095) on loop() to save the parking status, will the address lose the value when the loop restart?

Regards,
Mário Lopes

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi,

If you save information in an EEPROM address you only loose the values if you overwrite or remove the content of that address.

Regards.