Waspmote SW+ Wasmote SWI + Arduino Mega I2C

Questions about the Waspmote board and its modules
XAM_Electronica
Company: DINÁMICA INDUSTRIAL

Waspmote SW+ Wasmote SWI + Arduino Mega I2C

Post by XAM_Electronica » Tue May 14, 2019 11:24 pm

Good Day

First of all I'm trying to understand how the waspmode used the I2C protocol more is i have one with smarwater and another with smart wather ions attached one these ones. I need these ones be on I2C bus as slave's because i need an arduino mega or another to get all the info of both waspmote's (pH, ORP, Conductivity, temp, DO, Nitrite, Nitrate, Ammonium) to make only one package.

I Saw on another post that i need Logic Level Bi directiona Converter Module, to protect the waspmotes for the different voltaje of the arduito (5v ) of the I2C and the waspmote (3.3V).

But in the examples that are in the page and in the forum only says how can the waspmote can be master, not slaves, and how they can send the data when the master ask for....

Can you share one please? Its possible connect these ones with the smartwater/ smartwater ion shield connect?

If not, can i run any software in raspberry to extract the information of the waspmotes? like i can extract of the arduinos?

libelium-dev

Re: Waspmote SW+ Wasmote SWI + Arduino Mega I2C

Post by libelium-dev » Thu May 16, 2019 9:19 am

Hi,

We are sorry but it isn't possible to use Waspmote as a slave since we didn't develop the libraries for that purpose and Waspmote need to be master since it needs to control some peripherals like accelerometer, RTC, etc.

Regards