[FAQ] Most common Waspmote issues.
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm
Below are listed the most common issues that may arise when using Waspmote for the first time.
- My Waspmote is rebooting, What can I do?
Check the battery connection, It should be connected to Waspmote. When using radio modules and sensor boards, USB is not able to provide enough current.
- My Waspmote does not work correctly, the code is blocked or it is rebooting when I use XBee, gps, 3G, gprs or any module that needs high power.
Check the battery charge with example PWR_04. We do not recommend working with battery levels under 30%.
- How can I charge battery faster with USB?
Uploading a code that does not waste energy, for instance the DeepSleep example, but enlarging sleeping time as follows
- Original line: PWR.deepSleep("00:00:00:10",RTC_OFFSET,RTC_ALM1_MODE1,ALL_OFF);
- Larger time: PWR.deepSleep("00:00:30:00",RTC_OFFSET,RTC_ALM1_MODE1,ALL_OFF);
- I get this error message: “Programmer is not responding”
- First, check Waspmote switches, They must be in ON position (the farthest form the USB connector)
- Check if right USB Serial Port is selected.
- Unplug all connectors (power and USB) and plug them again.
- I get this error message: “avrdude: stk500_paged_write(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x44
avrdude: stk500_cmd(): programmer is out of sync”
You can get this error if you are uploading the code repeatedly before complete the "uploading process".
- My XBee modules can't communicate to each other. what can I do?
- Check that both XBee have same networking parameters (PANID, CHANNEL, etc).
- Check destination MAC address.
- If you can not connect, you can use XBee example codes: Configure parameters, send packets and receive packets.
- My Waspmote does not wake up!
- Please, test DeepSleep example and ensure that battery is connected and charged.
- How can I build packets easily?
Waspmote have a library for this called Frame, you can get more information here: http://www.libelium.com/development/was ... ame-guide/
Also, you can get examples here: http://www.libelium.com/development/plu ... bcat=frame
- My Waspmote is not saving the RTC time stamp
If you remove the battery, the time stamp is lost.
- How can I check my Waspmote hardware?
You can use this code to check your hardware: http://www.libelium.com/development/was ... test-code/
To know what parameters are checked, you can read example notes.