GPS 4G

Everything about programming the platform and using the Waspmote API
Vixionere

GPS 4G

Post by Vixionere » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Is it possible to get speed with GPS by 4G?, I have seen it's possible using the antenna, but I need to do it by 4G

libelium-dev

Re: GPS 4G

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:23 am

Hi,

It should be possible but we have not implemented any function to get the speed with GPS.

Regards

Vixionere

Post by Vixionere » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:47 pm

Is it possible to ge values from GPS by antenna and values from gas sensors at the same time?, that antenna is special to the Waspmote P&S or can I connect a standard antenna?

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:48 am

Hi,

You can get the GPS position and the gas values but not at the same time. You can do a code that get GPS and gas values but the programming is sequential, for example first the node gets the GPS and then the gas values.

About the antennas, we recommend use the antennas include with the 4G module.
http://www.libelium.com/downloads/docum ... uide.pdf#8

Regards

Vixionere

Post by Vixionere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:55 am

I have done a sequence of the 2 codes and it works, now the problem I have, when I get the values from gas sensors and GPS, I receive it as float, but I want to send all values at the same time, I tried to convert variables to char by using "dtostrf" function, but my values originally have 10 decimals and that function only returns 7 or 8 decimals, is there some way to keep all decimals ?, After convert the variables to char, I used the "sprintf" function to concatenate all my variables to send it by usb all values at the same time, is this the best way to send all values at the same time?

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:03 am

Hi,

We think that it isn't need get a value with 10 decimals, usually a value with 3 decimal is enough for sensor values.

sprintf is a good option to create a string. Or you can also use snprintf, which is similar to sprintf. You can see an example here
http://www.libelium.com/development/was ... d-strings/

Regards