Receive data wireless

Wireless communications in Waspmote, topologies, node types...
nazerke

Receive data wireless

Post by nazerke » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:38 am

Dear Libelium!

Could you please suggest the way or the product for receiving/extracting data from SD-card in waspmote board directly to the laptop or cloud?
For now, 2 waspmote boards (with 802.15.4 module) are exchanging packets and RSS values of each one are stores to the SD-card.
To get some data I am manually switching off the devices and remove SD-card from boards. And then using card-reader extracting the data from SD-card to the software (laptop).
May I use Meshlium? If yes, could you please guide me on how to use it.
Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Nazerke

libelium-dev

Re: Receive data wireless

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 am

Hi Nazerke,

We are sorry but it isn't possible to extract files from SD and send to a laptop. If you have an 4G or WiFi module you could send file to a ftp server. Here you can see an example code.
http://www.libelium.com/development/was ... tp-upload/
http://www.libelium.com/development/was ... tp-upload/

Regards

nazerke

Post by nazerke » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:17 am

Dear Libelium,

Thank you for your reply!
Could you please clarify: Am I able to send data stored in SD-card wirelessly and simultaneously receive it in my laptop using wi-fi module only?
1. is there any possibility to add Wi-Fi module to the Waspmote v1.2 board with 802.15.4 radio module with radio module expansion board?
2. Am I able to send data from board with 802.15.4 radio module to the gateway with the same radio module that always connected to the laptop, and extract data from the gateway?

Regards,
Nazerke

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:55 am

Hi,

You can use XBee and WiFi modules at the same time. The WiFi module can send data to a FTP server so you will need to create FTP server to the which send file.

Yes, you can use a WiFi module using a expanson board connected to socket 1.

Also, you can send data from Waspmote to Meshlium using the XBee802 module and then export data from its data base.

Regards