Securely send files to remote server

Wireless communications in Waspmote, topologies, node types...
Elcuevas
Company: UMA

Securely send files to remote server

Post by Elcuevas » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Dear Libelium team,

Im currently working on a project with the Waspmote v12 and the Video Camera sensor board using Wifi. I have already managed the communication between the Waspmote and my server and I have succesfully sent the Videos and Pictures done by the Video Camera sensor board to the FTP server using the _3G.sendFiletoWiFiFTP function. I´ve been working with the IDE 4.0 and the API v023 till now.

Obviously, this kind of communication is not secure and could compromise any production system so now I´m wondering which could be the best option to securely send my files to my server. I´ve thought about creating and API and send the files through HTTPS with POST requests but as I´m concerned the Waspmote v12 does not support this kind of operations, am I wrong?. I´ve also researched about using FTPS after discarding SFTP that is not supported as well.

After more or less discarding all this options I realized that HTTP POST request are not even supported for this model.

Which IDE and API should to be able to get FTPS or HTTPS working in my Waspmote v12?

Many thanks,
Javier.

libelium-dev

Re: Securely send files to remote server

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi,

The last API available for Waspmote v12 devices is API v032. You can download it here
http://downloads.libelium.com/waspmote-pro-api-v032.zip

Are you using the 3G module to send data to the server? Or what radio module are your using to send data? The available protocols for sending data depend on the radio module used, don't depend on Waspmote
http://www.libelium.com/v12/development ... cat=3g-gps

Regards