Meshlium remote connection

How to configure Meshlium or use the Manager System
j_sebastian

Meshlium remote connection

Post by j_sebastian » Mon May 16, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi Libelium.

I am using a simCard movistar, to have a 3G connection in my Meshlium. I already set the 3G interface and it gives me a IP address as you can see in the image below.

Now what I want to know is How do I do to access to the Meshlium remotely?. I mean if my Meshlium is 10 km far from me and I want to access to it. I tried with the 3G IP that meshlium gave me but I must be connected to Meshlium WiFi to access that 3G IP. Should I be connected to a DB to have access to my Meshlium?

libelium-dev

Re: Meshlium remote connection

Post by libelium-dev » Tue May 17, 2016 8:42 am

Hi j_sebastian,

To access remotely to Meshlium trough 3G you have to put the public IP in the browser and it will take you to Manager System. You don't have to be connected to Meshlium WiFi AP to connect to 3G IP.

To access your Meshlium you only have internet connection.

Best regards,

j_sebastian

Post by j_sebastian » Tue May 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi.

I already did that but it doesn't work. I used the IP in the green field but it did not connect.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Tue May 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi j_sebastian,

Meshlium does not block anything by default, so if you can't access with the IP it can mean the IP is not public. Many operators don't guarantee public IP when connected to cellular network.

You should contact Movistar and check that you have public IP and that there is nothing blocking the port 80.

Best regards,