Connection Charger controller

How to configure Meshlium or use the Manager System
Andrea

Connection Charger controller

Post by Andrea » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:32 am

Hello,

We have a Meshlium LoRA 3G AP-900. According to the technical guide, I would like to know why the connection of the meshlium through the inverter is made directly to the battery and not to the charger controller (provided by libelium) in the Load terminals.

Also, how can I know what is the current consumption of the meshlium, when it is not doing data transmission, also when it receives data through LoRa and when it is synchronizing with the external database.
Thank you

libelium-dev

Re: Connection Charger controller

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi,

That conversion is made to make sure that Meshlium is connected to the power using the official PoE and power supply adapter and not exceed the maximum voltage limit.

Regarding current consumption, we don't have that information. You can find in the next link the approximate current consumption.
http://www.libelium.com/downloads/docum ... df#page=10

Regards

Andrea

Post by Andrea » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Ok. Thank you.
but I need to know which battery should I use to guarantee a 3-day autonomy, taking into account that I received data from the waspmote plug & sense every 8 hours through LoRa and that the Meshlium sends data every 12 hours to an online platform through the 3G network.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:53 am

Hi,

You have to perform field test to know the current consumption. You can put an amperimeter to know the current consumption of Meshlium.

Regards