Meshlium roaming not working, can not connect to server for system upgrading

Development questions: create new plugins, add new features...
Happy_code
Company: Stockholm University

Meshlium roaming not working, can not connect to server for system upgrading

Post by Happy_code » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:21 pm

Hello,
I have a fresh new meshlium runing 4.1.4. my SIM card is specially provided by the operator that I need to enable Roam to access to the APN.
However, the 4.1.4 seem cannot work with Roaming?

I see a post: https://www.libelium.com/forum/viewtopi ... 61&p=83173

I am using Meshlium 4.14, and wish to upgrade to 4.15. However, when I click "check for updates", it says "could not establish connection with Server".

How can we fix this?

B.R.

XIAO

libelium-dev

Re: Meshlium roaming not working, can not connect to server for system upgrading

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi,

Do you have internet connection with the Meshlium?

You can connect the device to internet through the Ethernet and you can test the connectivity with the ping tool. Tools/Ping

In any case, roaming should work in that Meshlium version but if roaming is not activated you should activate it through the network company and not through the Meshlium. If it's already activated please check it works with a mobile phone.

Regards.

Happy_code

Re: Meshlium roaming not working, can not connect to server for system upgrading

Post by Happy_code » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:59 am

Thank you for the reply!

When I check for the system upgrading, it pops up a version 1.4.6, and I cannot select whihc version I want. So it automatically upgraded to 1.4.6; Still it does NOT work with Roaming SIM cards. The error says: (not connected, still not registered in the network). As what you replied previously, Meshlium can work with Roaming cards, so I suppose Roaming should be a consitantly enabled functionailty above certain version? or is it only version 1.4.5 can do the roaming? The SIM card is tested on phone and the SIM card works on my phone correctly with roaming.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi,

Meshlium can connect to the network in roaming mode, regardless of the manger system version. We told a client in a previous post that he updated Meshlium to v4.1.5 since we always recommend installing the latest version available to avoid bugs fixed.

Did you set the APN setting? Is the pin enabled? Did you set the pin? Did you connect the 3 black antennas to Meshlium?

Regards

Happy_code

Post by Happy_code » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello!

Thank you for the tips. We have v4.1.6.

Double confirmed The PIN and APN settings are correct. The 4 black antennas to Meshlium, according to the instructions. So the tested shows:

(1) the the roaming card works on a regular phone after enabling roaming; but the same SIM card reauing roaming cannot work on Meshlium;
(2) A card Without Roaming works on Meshlium with the same settings from instructions; but a card with roaming does not work on meshliukm with the same settings.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi,

Please fill the RMA form and our tech support team will contact you to connect to Meshlium through SSH and try to find the root cause of the problem
https://www.libelium.com/contact/#rma

Regards