I cannot access to manager system.

Development questions: create new plugins, add new features...
m2g

I cannot access to manager system.

Post by m2g » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:10 am

Hi, Libelium.

After Christmas, I've switched the Meshlium on, So Meshlium make the netwotk, the waspmotes linked to the Meshlium's Network and they work well. On the other hand, Meshlium connects with my computer by Wifi.

The connection works, Both interchange packets but when I try to access to the Manager System through Chrome, it cannot open the page.

Before Christmas all works very well and I dont change nothing, all continue with the same configuration.

So, what can I do?

libelium-dev

Re: I cannot access to manager system.

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Hello m2g,

What content do Chrome display, is an empty white page or there is some kind of error message?
Are you able to access your meshlium using ssh instead of Manager System?

Best regards.

m2g

Post by m2g » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi libelium.

I would like to apologize for the delay in answering.

I have tried to connect only Meshlium and PC by ethernet, programming the spacific IP address, DNS, MAC...

The connection es successfull, Both of them transmit and receive data packets. But, when I try to access to Meshlium through Chrome or Putty the connection is refused.

In addition to this, I have disconnect the windows firewall and antivirus, also I don't use proxy.

Best regards

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Hello m2g,

first of all be sure that you hear the 2 "beeps" when you power up Meshlium. This is very important. If Meshlium starts correctly you must hear the beeps. (Maybe after some minutes, 2-5 minutes, after powering it up).
If you hear the double beep we can try the following:

Before trying to access Manager System you should be able to do a ping to its IP address.

From a command line type: ping 192.168.1.100

If meshlium is configured with another static IP address different than 192.168.1.100 you should ping to that address. The default is 192.168.1.100

If you don't know the IP address of Meshlium you can use the tool advanced ip scanner for example.
(http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/). If you are connected with the Meshlium directly through the cross-over cable you will only see the Meshlium IP (There are no other devices connected).

After being shure that you know the Meshlium IP you should be able to ping that address and get a response. If that happens, the Manager System should be also accessible.

Best regards.

kennethfranz

Post by kennethfranz » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:18 am

It's good news that I've found a similar problem that has been hindering me for several days already. I tried the software to determine the IP address https://yumdownload.com/advanced-ip-scanner. This is very convenient, especially if you do not have problems with downloading such things. Now I did everything, as was advised, it worked perfectly. I advise all those who have problems with access.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi kennethfranz,

Thanks for your advice, if you have more questions, please do not hesitate and drop us a line.

Regards