Azure

Development questions: create new plugins, add new features...
Valeria_vix

Azure

Post by Valeria_vix » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi :)

I've start working with Libelium sensors for a while and now I want to store data in Azure but I don't know exactly how. The version of meshlium is 3.2.7.

I've created in azure an Event Hub and it shows me that I receive messages but I cannot see them ( I don't know where to look)

I would like to know if I have to create a database to see data or is there another way to see it (even though in the end I want to have all data send from sensors stored in a SQL DataBase).

Thank you!

libelium-dev

Re: Azure

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 am

Hi

You can get the information about how to use and configure the Azure Event Hub on meshlium in our technical guide on page 81:

http://www.libelium.com/downloads/docum ... df?page=81

Regards

Valeria_vix

Post by Valeria_vix » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi!

I did the setup in Azure and all the necessary configuration in Meshlium but in Azure I see only the requests. I want to see the data (the frames sent by Meshlium), not only a chart that indicates the number of requests (successful or not).

This was my actual question. What do I have to do to see the frames sent by Meshlium? Do I have to create an SQL DB and make a connection between Meshlium and my DB?

Regards

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi Valeria_vix,

If you are able to see the request on Azure web you are sending yoru data right, but if you want to see the data sent to Azure from Meshlium you can query it directly from Meshlium database. Please login into Meshlium via ssh, then enter MySQL engine with this command:

Code: Select all

mysql -u root -p
The password is available on page 51 from our technical guide:

http://www.libelium.com/downloads/docum ... df?page=51

And after that execute thsese commands inside MySQL Engine:

use MeshliumDB;

select * from sensorParser where sync & 8192
This query may give you large results.

Regards

Valeria_vix

Post by Valeria_vix » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi!

I still have the same problem. I see the amount of data received ( number of frames) but I don't know how to open the messages and see the data( sensor + value).

What is the solution? How can I see the content of the frames? Do I have to create a DataBase or something else?

Thanks,
Valeria

Valeria_vix

Post by Valeria_vix » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi!

In fact, I would like to use these data received from Meshlium and stored in Azure to create an app: pollution monitoring system. This is why I need some DataBase to storage my values.

As about your last answer:
->i have logged into Meshlium via ssh
->i have executed the commands you told me
->BUT i didn't receive anything

It means I don't have a DB? even though I can see the values received from my sensors in Meshlium?I really need help !

Regards

Valeria_vix

Post by Valeria_vix » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:13 am

Hi

I logged into Meshlium via ssh,again, and this time it showed me, like you said, a large amount of data.

But my answer remain. Can you help me with a solution concerning seeing this data in Azure?

Thank you!
Valeria

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:39 am

Hi Valerie_vix,

We can only give you support about Meshlium and a right connection with Azure. Once the data arrive to Azure, it is beyond our knowledge how to manipulate/display them. If you want to know more about how to visualize data with Microsoft event hubs, you should contact Microsoft support.

Sorry for the disturbances

Valeria_vix

Post by Valeria_vix » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:00 am

Thank you for all your help!

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:18 pm

You are welcome