Solar power charge

Questions about the Waspmote v15 and its modules
jorgicus
Company: FULCRUM

Solar power charge

Post by jorgicus » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:51 am

Hi,

I am Jorge, nice to be here. I have a question about solar power charge under low lighting enviroments.

I have a plug&sense smart water system installed in a river between montains. Sunlight hours are limited, and most of the light is indirect.
Device are programed under PCS platform with a sleep time of 45 min. Sensors installed are DO, ORP, Turbidity and PH. Comunication system are SIGFOX. System was installed six days ago with 100% battery, now battery capacity is 69%. Is there any possibility of optimization? I think that a solar panel that can offer more mA with indirect light would be adequate.

On the other hand, we have a plug&sense system, (with dust sensor, SIGFOX and 45 min sleep period) WITHOUT solar charge (only with the 6600mA battery) and the discharge rate has been 1% daily. I found it very strange since I expected that dust sensor would consume more than water probes.

Thanks in advance.

libelium-dev

Re: Solar power charge

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:26 am

Hi,

The solar panel socket has a current limiter of 300mA, so although the panel solar provides more current, it will be limited to 300mA.

Did you program both nodes using the PCS? What is the serial number of the nodes or sigfox id? So we will be able to check if the codes generated by the PCS are correct.

Regards

jorgicus

Post by jorgicus » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:53 am

Thank you for your answer.

I mean more current in low light conditions. The 3W panel in low light conditions may offer 0-50 mA (I have not checked), a panel with more power, in the same light conditions could offer something closer to 300 mA.

Plug and Sense Smart Water node Serial ID is 251B7C32C8913EBE

Plug and Sense Smart Cities node Serial ID is 6B30BC32C8913E8D

Regards

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:57 am

Hi,

Please contact your sales agent to know if we have stock of solar panel with more power. Anyway, you can use another solar panel but keep in mind that the maximum voltage is 12V.

Did you create the code of the 6B30BC32C8913E8D node using the PSC? Is it the Smart Water node?

Regards

jorgicus

Post by jorgicus » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:24 am

Smart Water node is 251B7C32C8913EBE and code is created with PCS.

The code of the node 6B30BC32C8913E8D is created with PCS but is not smart water, it is smart cities pro with dust sensor and temperature-humidity-pressure.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:12 am

Hi,

Sorry, we had a misunderstanding. We think that there is a bug in the generated code and the turbidity sensor is power ON continuously. Please try to upload the following code to the node and let us know if the battery discharges more slowly.
http://www.libelium.com/forum/libelium_ ... 913EBE.zip

Regards

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am

Hi,

Did you test the code? Please continue the conversation through the forum since the communication will be more fluid directly with us than through your sales agent.

Please copy here the complete output through the serial monitor to debug the issue in more deep.

Regards

jorgicus

Post by jorgicus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:37 am

We are not in a position to easily test because on the one hand I am in Zaragoza and the node in Vizcaya but it is also located in a situation with limited accessibility in a mountain river which limited accessed

I wanted to give you more information:
• On the one hand, with the node programmed, I saw the output through serial port told “going to sleep” or something like that.
• On the other hand, the discharge is about 300 mA per day ..15 mA hour, so ther is more consumption than turbidity.

Also, in the code you send me does the calibration values ​​be taken into account?

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:33 am

Hi,

The node goes to sleep after each loop. It is normal to get that output. Please, when you can access the node, copy the full output through the serial monitor and share it with us. So we will debug the issue in more deep.

Yes, the calibration values have been taken into account. We have modified your binary code to turn off the sensor.

Regards

jorgicus

Post by jorgicus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 am

Hi, yerterday I tried to upload binary code that you send but SmartDevicesAPP said that "Internet connection is not available" and app show error uploading firmware.

Really, there isn´t internet connection because there isn´t movile phone coverage. That is way we choose sigfox connectivity.

Is there any way for upload binary without internet connection?