Technical question [board Gases PRO]

New sensors integration, sensor boards usage...
jburgues
Company: IBEC

Technical question [board Gases PRO]

Post by jburgues » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:13 am

Good morning,

I have two technical questions regarding the instalation of the board gases PRO to the waspMote and the instalation of the gas sensors onto the gases PRO board.

First, my gases PRO board has a 11x2 male socket (sensor I/O) whereas the waspMote has a 12x2 female socket.. Is there a missing line of pins??

The second question is about the instalation of the sensor into the gases PRO board. The documentation is not clear enough in this respect. For instance, what do you mean by the "white marks" and the "right side of the board"? I demand a much more clear explanation with pictures if possible to avoid any ambiguity and lack of clarity, leading to a damage to the sensors or board. This is particularly important in the BME280 sensor since it has 4 possible orientations.

Please clarify this as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Javier.

libelium-dev

Re: Technical question [board Gases PRO]

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi,

No, there isn't a missing line of pins. The two first pins aren't used by the gases pro board an then there are 2 pins less.

You can find how to connect the BME sensor to the board in the following image
www.libelium.com/downloads/documentatio ... df#page=99

Regarding gases pro sensors, they have 2 white marks in the AFE board, they must be facing to the right side of the board. The right side is the write connectors. Anyway, if you have any doubd, copy here some images and we will check if you connected the sensors properly.

Regards

jburgues
Company: IBEC

Post by jburgues » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:02 am

Hello,

I have sent pictures via email to one of your colleagues (Ana Sancho) since I was unable to upload them to the forum.

Please contact her.

If I understood it correctly, the white marks are two solid rectangles that originate from the footprint of the 3x2 male socket on the AFE board https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/7/ ... 3-full.png

And the right side of the board is this one:
https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/7/ ... a-full.png

Is this correct?

Thanks,
Javier.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Hi,

You understood correctly.

We have just checked the images and the sensors are connected properly.

Regards