Gases Pro free analog/digital pins?

New sensors integration, sensor boards usage...
jburgues
Company: IBEC

Gases Pro free analog/digital pins?

Post by jburgues » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:02 am

Hello,

I am using the Gases PRO sensor board on the waspMote but I also need to use some analog pins, digital pins and a UART.

Which analog pins (A1-A7), digital pins (D1-D8) and UART pins (Aux serial rx/tx) are not used by the gases PRO board so I can safely use them?

Do you foresee any potential problem if I cut the male pins of the gases PRO board which are not being used and connect my wires to the female socket on the waspMote?

Thanks
Javier.

libelium-dev

Re: Gases Pro free analog/digital pins?

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi Javier,

Well, we can provide those hardware details but, if you take a look at the library, you would guess which pins are used and which aren't. How many of them do you need?

Regarding cutting pins and soldering wires, we won't say it is a good practice unless you are prototyping and you know exactly what you are doing. This won't be covered by warranty by the way.

before cutting pins, you can try placing male to female jumper wires between Waspmote and the sensor board and disconnect them manually. In this way, you can see if everything works as expected before cutting anything.

jburgues

Post by jburgues » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:37 am

I need to know if pin D1 is free to use or if it is shared with any other component of the waspMote, Gases Pro board, 4G or xBee868 modules.

Thanks,
Javier.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:25 am

Hi,

The D1 pin is used to power the PM sensors. All analog and digital pins available in Waspmote are used by the gases pro board.

The radio modules don't use the analog and digital pins.

Regards

jburgues

Post by jburgues » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:48 am

Ok, this means that if I don't have a PM sensor I can use D1 for PWM output?

Thanks,
Javier.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:05 am

Hi,

Yes, you can use that pin if you don't have a PM sensor but please don't connect that pin to the board since it could damage the gases pro board.

Regards