Waspmote Meshlium Zigbee problem

FIU Grad

Waspmote Meshlium Zigbee problem

Post by FIU Grad » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:32 pm

Hello,

We have purchased 2 waspmotes (v1.2) to be used with argiboard sensors, and a meshlium gateway. The plan is to send sensor data to the meshlium through a zigbee network.

The waspmotes will not communicate with the meshlium because they cannot join the same zigbee network. I have tried example sketch zb_02a, filling in with the pan id of the meshlium obtained through SSH. I have also tried example zb_02b to join to an unknown network.

The result is the same for both- the monitor repeatedly returns
operating 16 bit PAN ID: FFFF
operating 64 bit PAN ID: 0000000000000000
Channel: 00

This indicates to me that the zigbee modules on the waspmotes are trying to connect to a zigbee network but are unable to. If connected correctly, the monitor should display the PAN ID that I found in the meshlium, right?

What could be some possible causes/ solutions from either the meshlium coordinator or the waspmotes. I have browsed through many different forums with no luck on finding a solution. Please let me know what other information you would need.

Thanks for the support.

libelium-dev

Re: Waspmote Meshlium Zigbee problem

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:36 am

Hi FIU Grad,

For Waspmote, you can upload the example "Factory code" you can find in the Waspmote IDE.

For Meshlium, you can try to follow the next instructions in order to see your XBee configuration module in an SSH shell:

1. Stop the parser process to free the serial port connected to the XBee module with this command: ("sensorParser.sh no process killed" is the right reply)

Code: Select all

sensorParserD.sh stop
2. Install minicom

remountrw 
aptitude update
aptitude install -y minicom

3. Once installed, start it

minicom -s

4. Configuration
- Choose "Serial port setup" and change this values:
  • A - Serial Device : /dev/ttyS0 [type A and edit. Then enter] (In this point, if your Meshlium is Zigbee-Scanner-AP, the port will be USB0)
    E - Bps/Par/Bits: 38400 [type E and select D from menu and then enter]
    Type enter to save the changes.
- Select "Exit" from menu.

5. Set minicom local Echo on and add linefeed on:
Type Ctrl-A E to show Echo status, and Ctrl-A A to show linefeed.
If you want to save it for future uses, you can do: Ctrl-A O, then select “Save setup as dfl” (Remember type remountrw before enter in minicom to have write permissions)

6. Enter +++ to get into the AT command mode. You should receive an OK reply in a few seconds without pressing enter.

+++ OK
7. Use these AT commands to see your parameters:
ATID - PanID

atid
ATCH - Channel

atch
0c
ATAP - Transmission mode (in Meshlium should be 0)

atap
ATBD - Serial port speed

atbd
ATNI - nodeID

atni
meshlium
If you need to change the configuration:

ATID 7FFF
OK
ATCH C
OK
ATAP 0
OK
ATNI meshlium
OK
ATWR
OK
ATWR - Stores the changes to make them permanent
or you can do this through the Manager System too using the form.

8. Exit minicom:

CTRL-A X

9. Start again the sensorParser process with:

sensorParserD.sh start
Let us know the results.

Best regards,

FIU Grad

Post by FIU Grad » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:02 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I followed the steps to install minicom and configure/ save the serial settings. The first problem faced was that "sensorParserD.sh stop" returned "no process killed", whereas "sensorParser.sh stop" returned more information

1. http://imgur.com/a/06r7l
2. http://imgur.com/a/nfHC4

After saving the settings and exiting minicom, the prompt returned that S0 was locked. Just to reiterate, our meshlium is a Zigbee AP model.

1. http://imgur.com/a/EZBRC

Also, I couldn't see/set the minicom echo status or linefeed because the command prompt wasn't accepting CTRL-A E/ CTRL-A A.

Instead, to access the AT commands, I entered the following from a previous post:
capturer S0 38400

Then I entered:
+++

And then the sequence of AT commands, listed with the result

ATID: 0
ATCH: 15
ATAP: ERROR
ATBD: 5
ATNI: MESHLIUM

I also entered a few other commands that I found in previous posts, listed with the result

ATOP: B60D1CB802FC2A41
ATOI: 4354

Then, I tried to change the configuration using the values provided in your response. Also listed with the results

ATID 7FFF
OK

ATCH C
ERROR

ATAP 0
ERROR

ATNI meshlium
OK

ATWR
OK

I checked again to confirm that the changes were saved. The only difference was that ATOP returns 7FFF now, ATOI returns 4000, and ATCH returns F.

FIU Grad

Post by FIU Grad » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Sorry dev, last post was incomplete. Please ignore the first problem that I mentioned, I missed the part in your post where "sensorParserD.sh stop" is supposed to return "no process killed".

Also I will include the output on the waspmote side. See the link below

http://imgur.com/a/sYbha

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:36 am

Hi FIU Grad,

If /dev/ttyS0 is locked, is because it is in use, and the sensorParser has not been killed properly. Please, check if the process is alive before

ps aux | grep "sensorParser"
. It should be dead. Once checked it is dead, try to connect to minicom or capturer and execute these commands:

+++
wait for OK without pressing any key.

ATVR
and press enter, it should return the firmware version

ATVL
and press enter, it should return the version information

ATAP
and press enter, it should return the transmission mode. The error displayed in the last test could have happened because of the port was locked. Please, try again and let us know the results of these commands.

Best regards,

FIU Grad

Post by FIU Grad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Thank you for the clarification. I was able to connect to minicom and save the serial configuration at port S0 and baud 38400. I no longer got the locked message, and was able to toggle local echo and linefeed.

Below are the results of the AT commands:

ATVR
20A7

ATVL
ERROR

ATAP
ERROR

Regards

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:38 am

Hi FIU Grad,

The firmware you have installed is the correct one. The errors displayed in other commands could be caused by this firmware version.
You can try to set up the network parameters in Meshlium and connect the Waspmote to this network created using example http://www.libelium.com/v12/development ... n-network/. Please be careful copying the parameters from Meshlium. Once uploaded, you can take a look to the output window in the Waspmote IDE, in order to see the logs of your Waspmote. Please, paste this information if you see any error.

On the other hand, if you have a Meshlium v3, you can connect via SSH and see if Meshlium receives any frame from your Waspmote. You can see if the sensorParser process, which is in charge of receiving the frames, is alive typing "ps aux | grep sensorParser". You can also check the logs of sensorParser process, in order to verify that you receive the information. "tail -F /mnt/user/logs/sensorParser.log"

You can also check the antennas of your devices and the distance from the Waspmote to the Meshlium. We recommend to revise the antennas and make the tests as close as possible.

Let us know the log information of both Meshlium and Waspmote and any other information that you consider relevant.

Best regards,

FIU Grad

Post by FIU Grad » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Hello dev,

Thank you so much for the previous reply. We followed all the steps as you suggested. We tried to set up the network parameters in the Meshlium to connect the Waspmote to the network using the example provided in the link, which we already had in our current code. This is the error that we are getting regarding the output window in the Waspmote IDE when checking the logs in the Waspmote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwt4E5 ... sp=sharing
We also checked if we could connect via SSH to see if the Meshlium received any frames from the Waspmote. We checked the sensorParser process and the also the logs to verify any received information as you suggested. This is the screenshot for this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwt4E5 ... sp=sharing

Regards

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:07 am

Hi,

What API are you using? What is the distance between the node and Meshlium? Could you try using the example to join unkown network?

Regards

FIU Grad

Post by FIU Grad » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Hello dev,

We were able to resolve the communication issue. After changing the encryption mode to off on the meshlium manager software, the waspmote was able to successfully join the coordinator and send frames. The outputs of 2a, 2b, and 3 are all how they are supposed to be.

Thanks again for your help!