Cannot Update Meshlium from 3.2.5 to 3.2.6

All related to the Kernel, packages system and libraries
fmarxis

Cannot Update Meshlium from 3.2.5 to 3.2.6

Post by fmarxis » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:07 pm

Hello, the meshlium that I have is a model kit, and it came with the version 3.2.4 Model Kit. However, I have a problem with MQTT not syncing correctly, such as the most current data not synced but data a few days old do get synced. I read on the change log that 3.2.6 has fixed a MQTT sync bug so I want to update meshlium to 3.2.6.

Please do note that the meshlium is deployed on a restricted network and there is not internet access for it, therefore I have to download libupd files from http://www.libelium.com/downloads/manag ... pdates.xml. The update from 3.2.4 to 3.2.5 was quick and successful, the version number in meshlium's interface is now listed as 3.2.5 Model Kit v2.

However, when I try to update it to 3.2.6, the system would not update. I looked into the client side javascript code and made sure that the HTTP POST request to install update was sent correctly to the meshlium, however, it seems that after the request is sent, the request would keep loading forever without the connection being reset or a success result returned.

I do notice that the 325-326.libupd is significantly smaller than 324-325.libupd, is it possible that is does not include an update for the model kit version? Since it is model kit, I have limited access to its internal files, what would you recommend as the best course of action for now?

libelium-dev

Re: Cannot Update Meshlium from 3.2.5 to 3.2.6

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi fmarxis,

The update from 3.2.5 to 3.2.6 requires an internet connection. This is due to the need of downloading big size files. Please connect your Meshlium to a not restricted network for this update.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards