Meshlium doesn't beep the right amount of times on startup

How to configure Meshlium or use the Manager System
Gtaray
Company: Aveva

Meshlium doesn't beep the right amount of times on startup

Post by Gtaray » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:05 pm

I just plugged in the Meshlium device for the first time after receiving it to try and power it on, but when I did nothing happened; no beeps, no wireless access point, nothing. About 45 minutes later, there was a single short beep, and no more. The wifi access point is available, and I can connect to and configure the device with the system manager, but now every time when I reboot or shutdown/startup the device I only get the one short beep, not the full series of beeps that's documented as the proper startup procedure.

I have a few other problems with the device, but this seems the most severe and possibly the root 'case of the other issues. There's no logs that I could find, and I don't see anything about diagnostics. Any help would be appreciated.

libelium-dev

Re: Meshlium doesn't beep the right amount of times on startup

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:28 am

Hello,

When you buy the Meshlium? Have you an order number?

Here you can find more information about Beep system and Accessing to the logs (page 28 and nexts):
http://www.libelium.com/downloads/docum ... _guide.pdf

Regards,

Gtaray

Post by Gtaray » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:17 pm

My company bought the device 3-4 weeks ago, and I've been trying to set it up for a week now. Yes, I have an order number, I had to have one to register for this forum.

I read the documentation, and despite it being confusing and laid out strangely, I'm aware of what the intended behavior of the device is: there's supposed to be more than one beep, a series of them in fact, to indicate that the device has powered on and is ready to be used.

What I'm saying is that the behavior of the device I have is different than what the documentation describes as intended behavior. The details of this aberrant behavior is described in my first post.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am

Hello,

Can you get ethernet and wifi access to meshlium? There are two beeps. First, when you power on the meshlium, and the second, when starting process is finished

Where is the confusing point on documentation?

Regards,

Gtaray

Post by Gtaray » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Can you get ethernet and wifi access to meshlium? There are two beeps. First, when you power on the meshlium, and the second, when starting process is finished
The wifi access point is available and I can connect to it with a laptop. I've been able to use the system manager website to configure and reboot the unit.

It is connected to the network, but due to a corporate proxy I am unable to connect to the internet despite configuring the unit with the proxy's ip and port number. I don't know if this is a related issue, or if this is a different issue.

The device only beeps once. It never beeps a second time. I understand what it's supposed to do, but that's not what is happening. I reboot the unit, and it beeps once, and that's it.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:52 am

Hello,

If you can connect to wifi, meshlium work fine. Problem could be in your network, meshlium can't connect to ethernet network. Second beep never happend because ethernet network is not working. Please, review your settings.

Regards,

Gtaray

Post by Gtaray » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Okay, thank you for the clarification. That would be excellent information to put the technical document going forward, I think.

That leads to my next question (which could be a new thread I suppose, so feel free to move it if it makes it easier to deal with): I can't connect to the internet with the device in order to update. The device is behind a corporate proxy, but entering the proxy settings on the system manager doesn't actually let the device update or connect to the internet. Is there some other information about how to configure a firewall to allow the device to work properly?

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi,

On page 42, you can find "Proxy Setup": http://www.libelium.com/downloads/docum ... _guide.pdf

If update is wrong, review update.log on meshlium.

Regards,