External Database Delay

How to configure Meshlium or use the Manager System
Ori Engineering
Company: Telediant

External Database Delay

Post by Ori Engineering » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:16 am

Hi Support

I noticed that data in External Database have few hours delay. Any idea why this happens? Internal database and those viewed from eagle.io is ok.

libelium-dev

Re: External Database Delay

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 am

Hi,

The timestamp is always stored in UTC to avoid inconsistencies (regardless of the time zone selected in Meshlium). Do you refer to that behavior?

Regards

Ori Engineering

Post by Ori Engineering » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:46 pm

HI.

It has been a while. Since then we had upgraded our broadband to 60Gb per month hoping that it would solve the delay problem.

But until today it is still the same.

This is from eagle.io and the delay is about 10 minutes
Eagle.IO Snapshot

Compare to data the external database... in the picture it is already 1.20am and yet the data received is 5pm the day before.
External DB Snapshot

Why there is a BIG delay in the external database and how do I close the gab to be as real-time as eagle.io?

Thanks.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 am

Hi,

It seems it's synchronizing old data from the Meshlium database.

Please first check the time in the local database. Also you can test deleting all data from local and external database and test again.

Regards.

Ori Engineering

Post by Ori Engineering » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi again.

How do I "check the time in the local database"? As of now it is synchronized with local time (Kuala Lumpur +8:00).

I already delete all data from local and external database. The external database is still delayed.

How does eagle.io sync with meshlium? Maybe the solution is here as eagle.io data is almost real-time.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:02 am

Hi,

In order to get all the data stored in the Meshlium local database with the right timestamp, you must adjust the System time but the timestamp is always stored in UTC to avoid inconsistencies (regardless of the timezone selected in Meshlium).
http://www.libelium.com/downloads/docum ... f#page=252

Regards

Ori Engineering

Post by Ori Engineering » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:29 pm

HI again,

Just to confirm. Are you saying that I should disable Ntp and set the time manually?
Anything else I should do after that? The site is really off-road and I would avoid going there unnecessarily.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:47 am

Hi,

Check if the timestamp is set properly in System -> Time synchronization and if not you can try to use another ntp server or set the timestamp manually. Then you have to keep in mind that data will be stored in the database in UTC time.

Regards