Time synchronization issue among multi scanners

How to configure Meshlium or use the Manager System
Xiaomeng Shi
Company: The Hong Kong PolyU

Time synchronization issue among multi scanners

Post by Xiaomeng Shi » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:41 am

Hi,

We have implemented 11 Meshlium AP scanners in about 2016. We found several issues concerning the time zone setting and time synchronization.
We describe the issues as follows:

Not long after the installation in 2016, we found the time synchronization not work well among multiple scanners. Therefore, At that time, we got a technique support that have used CMD and web browser plugin to set the NTP server of our time zone to the devices. But there is still a puzzling issue: a few of future time points were recorded. Meanwhile, for one scanner, we could not change the time zone, once we change the time zone and restart, the time zone will go back to UTC. And this scanner would record more future time points than others and the time synchronization does not work well. (I have no idea how to upload screenshots here by the img /img codes, therefore if required I can send the snapshots by email).

In 2018, we bought a series of new model of Meshlium scanners, and found that in the new management system, we can set the NTP server right in the management system. And we can have more functions such as the filtering of non-smartphone MAC address.

Therefore, we want to ask whether we can solve the above issue by updating the firmwares in the old scanner to the latest one. If not, what are the possible solutions.

Many thanks.

Best,
Xiaomeng

libelium-dev

Re: Time synchronization issue among multi scanners

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi,

Do you have Meshlium 3 or Meshlium 4? You can update Meshlium in Update Manager -> Install Updates tab. You can update Meshlium version one per one up to the latest 4.1.3 version

Regards

Xiaomeng Shi
Company: The Hong Kong PolyU

Post by Xiaomeng Shi » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Dear libelium-dev,

I cannot make a judgement of whether our scanners are 3 or 4 from our order and usage information. But it actually looks the same as the pictures in the below link. https://www.google.com.hk/url?sa=i&sour ... 9295518995

BTW, if we update our fireware, what will happen to our current system operation? Is our previous adjusted NTP sync back to the default settings?

Wish for your reply.

Best,
Xiaomeng

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:29 am

Hi,

It is possible that the NTP server setting backs to default settings. We aren't sure because the updates from Meshlium 3 are from 2015-2016. Please update Meshlium to 3.2.9 to avoid bugs fixed. You can find the changelog in the topics of the following link
viewforum.php?f=4

Regards