P&S Battery

How to configure Meshlium or use the Manager System
martajg19
Company: JG Ingenieros

P&S Battery

Post by martajg19 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:02 pm

Hello, I had a question about the P&S baterry. Now I had the transmission data configured to happened every 15 minutes in two of the P&S and the battery is going off very quickly in one of them (it dropped from 90% to 69% in 5 days, the other just went down 1%). Both P&S will be placed 2 meters or 10 m above the ground, so not easy access to recharge the battery. We thought it could last a year at least due to the difficulty of getting access to it. So, what could we do to improve the battery life? A part from spacing the transmission rate (which is the optimum?)

Also, I have a P&S Agriculture PRO installed outdoors in the 8th floor and the gateway is in 2nd floor (we are testing them on a offices building but will go in an industrial building). We are only getting data now and then (not when it is programmed), seems like the P&S cannot connect to the meshlium every time it is supposed to. Is it because they are so aparta, because there may be interferences due to the building structure?

Thankyou in advance,

libelium-dev

Re: P&S Battery

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi,

There are several ways to save battery. One of the most important is to use the sleep mode when you don't send data. In your case, your code should be: read data, send it and then sleep the waspmote for 15 min and start again. In http: //www.libelium.com/development/waspmote/e ... leep-mode/ and in the Power section of the waspmote IDE you can find several ways to use this mode. In addition, you would try to reduce the send frequency from 15 min to at least to 1h.

Regarding the connection with the meshlium, I could give you more information if you specify me which type of radio are you using, but yes, it can be possible that with 6 floors of difference between devices interferences may sometimes occur.

Regards,

martajg19
Company: JG Ingenieros

Post by martajg19 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi, thankyou

This may be a beginner question, but where am I supposed to write all the code? I don't have the waspmote for developers, just a couple of P&S and the meshlium. And I'm not planning on writing any code or programming anything...

Also, is it possible that the battery of a City PRO P&S with more probes (one for noise and one for CO2) discharges quicjer than one same P&S but without said probes?

Thankyou!

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:52 am

Hi,

You can write code for P&S in the same way as for waspmote. On this page http://www.libelium.com/development/was ... lications/, you can download the waspmote IDE that allows you to write and upload code to the P&S and waspmote.

If you want the battery to not be discharged so fast, you will need to write a code for it, activate the sleep modes, turn off the sensors when they are not used, etc.. In the waspmote IDE there are many code examples that will help you for making the code.

Regards