Error while connecting to external database

How to configure Meshlium or use the Manager System
ai_rise
Company: Accenture Solutions

Error while connecting to external database

Post by ai_rise » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:00 pm

Hi team
I was trying to connect the libelium to external database created in mysql on my local system. I am repeatedly getting this error:

Connecting to the database server ...
ERROR: Unable to connect to the server. Check the fields: Host, Port, User, Password: [PDO Exception]SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'10.10.10.1' (using password: YES)

I have used the credentials as shown in the image for the same.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T51bQ ... ql3yPe0wRd

Please look into this and provide me with the solution asap.

Regards
Nakul Aggarwal
AI_RISE

libelium-dev

Re: Error while connecting to external database

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:40 am

Hi,

The IP field shows M2B-L6020ZDD, it isn't a valid IP. Could you please check that?

What is the manager system version of Meshlium? Could you please check if Meshlium has access to the server IP using the ping tool? Does the ping work?

Regards

ai_rise

Post by ai_rise » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:57 am

Hi team
Apologies for the delayed response. As per your response, we filled in the IP details of our ubuntu server and the credentials as shown in the attached figure. The version of our Manager system is 4.2.1. We also tried the ping tool, but it was showing 100% loss. Can you check the same and help us with the solution?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hp7jL ... 1SM7Awxyd4

Regards

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:54 am

Hi,

If Meshlium can access to the IP using the ping tools it means that the IP isn't public.

Are you able to access the external database thorugh a computer?

Regards

ai_rise

Post by ai_rise » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:14 am

Hi
We are also not able to access external database through the computer. We are getting the following error whenever we are attempting to do the same:
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xx.xxx.xxx.xx:3306' (10060 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond).

Also when we are trying to use the ping tool, it is displaying 10 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% loss.

What should we do to solve the same?

Regards

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi,

We are sorry but we can't help you with that kind of problems since it's external to Meshlium. You need to configure your server and database to be accessible from other devices. The external database must be accessible in order to Meshlium can access it.

Regards