Enable Bluetooth interface with Python

All related to the Kernel, packages system and libraries
ubicamovil

Enable Bluetooth interface with Python

Post by ubicamovil » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Hi LIBELIUM team:

I´m trying to transmit Beacon frames using the BT antennas of Meshlium.

I´m using PyBeacon (PyThon) packages that run over the BT interface (HCITOOLS) of a Linux machine.

My issue is the next:

At the moment I enable the service, the system throws me this error message: Can't get device info: No such device.

What's the Bluetooth interface that I must use in Meshlium?, this interface must be similar to the hci0.

Or, what kind of configuration we must realize over the Meshlium for that work in a very well.

PS. I have the root access and Meshilum scanner v4

libelium-dev

Re: Enable Bluetooth interface with Python

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:59 am

Hi ubicamovil,

As you will know, we are Wireless Sensor Networks hardware manufacturers. On addition to that, we provide with a complete software system to control our hardware and comprehensive documentation. We are committed to support the clients in the development process through the forum, but we cannot implement the final solution for each project.

Some clients just do not want to implement the software for their projects and prefer us to do it for them, or maybe they find it complicated. In these cases we offer special services like:
1. a number of one-to-one support hours with one engineer on our online e-learning platform. You can have direct line with one of our experts and if you like we can access your desktop in a remote way.
2. general training courses which are a great introduction to our systems.
3. specific training course, focusing on the features and modules you need to handle.
4. customized engineering: you can let us know the list of tasks your system needs to work out, and our R&D Dept. can develop all the project for you.

Please visit this area regarding training and custom engineering:

http://www.libelium.com/contact/#technical

Do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Best regards