Connecting to Wonderware Online Insight

How to configure Meshlium or use the Manager System
Gtaray
Company: Aveva

Connecting to Wonderware Online Insight

Post by Gtaray » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm trying to use the Meshlium to send data to Wonderware Online Insight, but I am getting errors whenever I try to connect. I've followed the instructions in the technical document: I have a CSV/JSON source and an authentication token, both of which are configured system manager. The problem is that whenever the device tries to connect to Insight, I get this error:

ERROR: Exception = [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname

I don't know what that means, or if its an error with the device, or with Insight. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

libelium-dev

Re: Connecting to Wonderware Online Insight

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 am

Hi,

Please, contact to feedback@wonderware.com. They give support that you need.

Regards,

Gtaray

Post by Gtaray » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:30 pm

It seems that this error is being generated by the Meshlium unit, as while the unit was throwing these errors every minute or so, the unit was generating no traffic on the network. No outgoing connections were being made to Wonderware Online. Why would that be?

Gtaray

Post by Gtaray » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Some extra information that I've gained. The errors seem to be an issue with dns resolution. The Meshlium unit contacts one dns, then another in quick succession. The unit doesn't even get to Wonderware Online before failing; it can't even resolve the hostname.

Even stranger, there was 15 minutes where everything worked as expected. The data from my sensors was getting stored in Wonderware Online and everything. But only for 15 minutes. After that, it goes back to throwing the same error. This tells me that the configuration is correct. WW Online works, and it can receive data.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi,

Can you connect and resolve Wonderware address from inside of meshlium network? If you can not resolve fine, we will do some test with your account.

Regards,