Does the proxy setting work for cloud connectors.

How to configure Meshlium or use the Manager System
Gtaray
Company: Aveva

Does the proxy setting work for cloud connectors.

Post by Gtaray » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm currently trying to connect my Meshlium to the internet using the Wonderware connector plugin (one of the Basic built-in cloud connectors), but am blocked by the proxy that my company has implemented despite having enabled the proxy settings on the Meshlium's. Looking at the technical guide, I see this regarding the proxy (emphasis mine):
9.5. Proxy setup This plugin allows to setup an HTTP proxy for some features of Meshlium. Here can be configured the proxy address, the port and the credentials (leave blank if not authentication needed).The proxy can be enabled or disabled from the control of the interface. Note: Currently the proxy feature is only available for visualizer plugin. This feature will be gradually included in other services
Does the proxy setting not support the basic cloud connectors?

Gtaray

Re: Does the proxy setting work for cloud connectors.

Post by Gtaray » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:19 pm

Somehow the title got cut off when I posted this, and I don't see an option to edit the title. It should read "Does the proxy setting work for cloud connectors." If an admin can edit it that'd be great.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:24 am

Hi,

Could you please try to enable the http service? It's in System -> Security tab. Let us know if it works. Meanwhile, we are going to investigate the problem more in deep.

Regards

Gtaray

Post by Gtaray » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:11 pm

I don't have a System -> Security tab. Under the System page I only have the following options: Hostname, Users Manager, Activity Monitor, Temperature Sensors, and Time Synchronization.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:42 am

Hi,

What is the manager system version? Please try to update Meshlium to v.4.1.8 version

Regards

Gtaray

Post by Gtaray » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:59 pm

The version is 4.0.8 rev1. I can't update, because I don't have internet connectivity because the proxy isn't working.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:13 am

Hi,

Please try to set Meshlium in a place where it can access to the Internet. It is important to update Meshlium to the latest version to avoid the problem already fixed.

In addition, please access to the FTP logs and share the proxy log with us. You can find who access the logs in the following link
http://www.libelium.com/downloads/docum ... df#page=29

Regards

Gtaray

Post by Gtaray » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:40 pm

The facility the device is located has a global proxy, so there is no place I can put it that would have direct access to the internet.

I accessed the logs, and the proxy log file is completely empty. I can share it if you'd like, but I assume an empty file won't be of much help.

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:43 am

Hi,

We have just checked that the proxy is only available for Visualiser plugin for now. It hasn't been included to download a new manager system version or to send data to Clouds.

If you are interested in a custom project to include the proxy feature to Clouds connector please ask your sales agent for it.

Regards