Are circuit board schematics available?

Questions about the Waspmote board and its modules
liudr

Are circuit board schematics available?

Post by liudr » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:16 am

I am a developer and currently have a project that involves the waspmote and smart water board. I need the schematics of the waspmote and smart water board, or at least the latter, in order to understand the system for interfacing purposes. Are any PCB schematics open source, or free to view at all? A PDF version would be ok although best would be EAGLE. I've designed a number of data loggers myself, circuit board and firmware, based on arduino so having schematics to devices I am supposed to interface was a pre-assumption. Am I asking for too much? Thank you!

libelium-dev

Re: Are circuit board schematics available?

Post by libelium-dev » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:15 am

Hi,

We are afraid that we can not provide any schematic, they are not available for public usage. Waspmote is open source in terms of software, but it is proprietary in terms of hardware.

Regards

liudr

Post by liudr » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:38 pm

I understand. So essentially you want to design and build all the hardware, and only want users to customize software. Then the system is pretty limited in terms of new sensors. Say I want 4 temperature probes on smart water board for some reason, I can't. Because there is only one channel with a 1K ohm resistor and opamp after the voltage divider. If I wanted something really simple instead of a smart water board, maybe a couple of sensors, I will have to design a pcb like smart water so I can make connections to waspmote and the sensors. Having a guide for this will help me.

If you at least publish something about the smart water board (say if anyone do this, they void warranty), or how to make a custom board, you can let people connect it to arduino as I just finished doing, or add new sensors to waspmote. Is there some guide available?

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:33 am

Hi,

If you are interested in implement a new sensor, you can try to use the Waspmote Prototype Sensor Board: http://www.libelium.com/uploads/2013/02 ... .0_eng.pdf

On the oder hand, if you are interested in a custom design you can contact with our sales department to know the best choice for your application by filling next form, or sending an email to c o m m e r c i a l [a t] l i b e l i u m [d o t] c o m.

http://www.libelium.com/contact/#

Regards

KrisForester

Post by KrisForester » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:08 pm

If you are looking for the schematic and not getting it from anywhere then you can go for the another option that is you can purchase a board and start working with it just by doing the minor changes into its firmware.
Also try to built your own schematic. Once the schematic is in your hands then you can easily develop the other parts.
Also try to build your own schematic with the help of the other circuits available for thr projects similar to you.

Andres1130

Post by Andres1130 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:55 pm

Hi, I wonder if you can tell me which pins use this board from waspmote, because I want to make a new sensor board in a prototype board, but using the pins that smart water board don´t use.
Thanks

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:26 am

Hi,

You can check the pins used by the Smart water board looking at the libraries.

Anyway we give you some help, these are the pins used at smart water board,

Digital 4, 7, 8 and Analog 2, 3, 4

Regards

Andres1130

Post by Andres1130 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:16 pm

Thanks for your answer. Now I am used the Waspmote Shield 4-20 mA, and I want to use the Prototype shield too, and I don`t know how to connect them, I tried to make a interface but i has a lot of problem.

Please, can you recomment me a solution?

On another hand, Can you tell me what pins the 4-20mA Shield uses?? =)

libelium-dev

Post by libelium-dev » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:08 am

Hi Andres,

Take a look at this topic in which a user said that pins used the 4-20mA board. You can also see a solution of how to wire cables cleanly.
As it is said the pins used by the 4-20mA are ANALOG1, ANALOG2, ANALOG5, ANALOG6, DIGITAL5 and 5V sensor power from Sensor connector. Also the board uses the Battery pin and GND from Auxiliary SPI-UART connector.
Regards.