Convergia, a Pan-American connectivity company, and Libelium renew their agreement for the distribution of the Zaragoza-based company’s IoT solutions throughout the American continent.
The agreement reinforces the commitment that both companies acquired in 2018 for the development and consolidation of the IoT market in Latin America. At the same time, the agreement between Libelium and Convergia represents an important boost for the entry of Libelium solutions in the North American market.
Libelium considers Convergia to be a value-added strategic partner for the development of its technology in the three families on which the company is focusing: Agrifood, Sustainability and Smart Cities & Infrastructure.
During these years of relationship, Convergia has developed outstanding projects with Libelium solutions such as:
- Lake water quality monitoring for research purposes was carried out with the Ciro Alegría National University (UNCA) of Peru.
- Environmental data monitoring system to identify and mitigate problems related to climate change and quality of life, carried out with the Center for Innovation and Advanced Design (CINNDA) of Chile.
- Monitoring system for climate variables on the coasts of Suriname, carried out with the company Greenborne.
“After more than five years of relationship, Convergia has become a key partner for Libelium’s commercial strategy and its proven professionalism generates great confidence in us,” said Carlos Prieto, General Sales and Business Development Director.
These are some of the Libelium IoT projects that Convergia has on the nearest horizon:
- Solution for Industry 4.0 that includes monitoring of all production lines, generation of digital twins, enabling use cases such as predictive maintenance and automation of industrial processes.
- Water quality monitoring solution along rivers to develop optimal planning in the treatment and use of water, as well as in environmental control tasks.
- Precision agriculture solution for production optimization, early detection of pests and diseases, water efficiency in avocado, blueberry, asparagus, grape and cocoa crops.
These projects confirm the shared vision of both companies on the use of Internet of Things as an essential tool to help companies and cities to be more competitive, sustainable and datocratized.
To know more, please contact our Sales Team.